10/10: U.S. Girls
Meghan Remy, the musician behind U.S. Girls, shares her ten (or eleven) favorite films of the last ten years.
So… picking only 10 was nearly impossible but, here they are…
(in no particular order)
1. Asphalt Watches (Seth Scriver & Shayne Ehman, 2013)
2. A Bread Factory (Patrick Wang, 2018)
3. Tickled (David Farrier & Dylan Reeve, 2016)
4. Into the Inferno (Werner Herzog, 2016)
5. Dark Horse (Todd Solondz, 2011)
6. Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016)
7. Casting JonBenet (Kitty Green, 2017)
8. John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection (Julien Faraut, 2018)
9. The Act of Killing (Joshua Oppenheimer, 2012)
10. The Florida Project (Sean Baker, 2017)
11. Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project (Matt Wolf, 2019)
U.S. Girls' new album, Heavy Light, is now available.
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their
ten eleven favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2011 and 2021).